Today was a big day in the Emilie-Nat household (by which I mean our little room, obviously)! Why? Because Nat is now the proud owner of a new pair of running shoes; this is the first time he’s ever had his stride evaluated and been given the right running shoes; and we started the couch to 5k plan. This is all part of my mission to fix Nat’s heart, and because his doctor mentioned that he could start running if he took things slowly, I was more than happy to jump on the bandwagon. It just so happens that I also have a new pair of running shoes. Nothing exciting, just the latest in the Mizuno Wave Rider line. I was overdue for a new pair.
But anyway, enough about me! Let’s check out what’s happening all around the internet. Or at least in some places.
- I’m still trying to find a meal planning strategy that works for me. Step one would be to actually do any meal planning. Maybe this fun planning sheet could help?
- So this one time, I emailed Ragen from Dances with Fat to see if she would write a post for Embrace:Me (I’m terrible at doing that because I hate the possibility of rejection) and she never emailed me back. My feelings are kind of hurt (even though I know that sort of thing just happens, it’s part of life) but she’s still awesome and this post is proof of that.
- To be filed under ‘New to Me’ (as opposed to ‘New this Week’), some reflections on the value of thinking about what life would be like if you were thinner.
- I have mixed feelings about this new ‘anti-obesity’ building in the Bronx. What do you think? Brilliant plan? Good idea gone wrong? Other?
- Another point on which I want to hear your thoughts: the gluten-free trend. Some people are allergic, are others just jumping on the bandwagon? Does it matter? And why is it that there are so many former lawyers who go on to open their own successful businesses? How can I get to be a former lawyer without going to law school and actually being a lawyer?