Hi all. I’m in the midst of a difficult evening due to a wee family situation, so I’m going to keep this short. Not only do I want to spend time with the parties involved in said situation but I’m emotionally overwrought and not thinking all that clearly.
But I did want to say that I was reading an article (well skimming, really) in Oprah‘s magazine written by her trainer, Bob Greene, about exercise. His overall point was that exercise is an important component of weight loss, and that it’s important to find something that motivates you to do it. From what I gleaned, the idea was that this would help you to develop a tolerance for it (because let’s face it, you might never feel like you love it).
But personally, I think a big part of exercising is finding something you love to do and doing it. I sometimes have a hard time with running, but at the end of the day, I really, really love it. And honestly I think it would be awesome if everyone was able to identify their own version of running–whatever form of exercise it is that they really love to do.
Here are just a few reasons I love running:
- it can change the way I feel about my body in 30 minutes;
- it makes me feel powerful and strong;
- it can get me places faster than walking;
- it puts me in touch with the outdoors;
- it makes me feel confident;
- it gives me a sense of accomplishment that few others things do;
- it helps me quiet my mind and gives me a way to get in some quality time.
Are there any exercises you love this much, or does exercise feel more like a means to an end for you? If there are exercises you love, what is it that you love about them?