Many thanks to Lisa, someone whom I admire as a runner, a blogger, and a woman in general, for tagging me as a Beautiful Blogger. This means I now have to list 7 things that make me happy, which is actually a really good exercise for me to do at this point in my life. So here we go:
1. My niece and nephew. I don’t think I’ll have children of my own (I’ve just never felt particular incline to), but man do I love these two with a ferociousness that I didn’t know I had in me. Nothing brightens my day like interacting with them.
2. Music. My sisters and I were brought up in a household where music was hugely important and as a result I think we grew up listening to some of the best stuff out there. The three of us are now pretty major music snobs (it’s not a bad thing), and there are certain songs that I can’t hear without grinning ear-to-ear, which is awkward when I’m walking down the street listening to my iPod.
3. A good run. I think that one’s self-explanatory.
4. Spending time with people I love. Also self-explanatory.
5. (closely connected to #4) Laughing with my mom about dumb stuff, like that old commercial for a weight loss product with the one guy who says “Two days later I lost ten pounds”, “Dude, run!”, or our awesome ideas for websites.
6. Wes Anderson movies.
7. A “House” marathon (or DVD), a knitting work-in-progress, and a blanket. I would say on a rainy/cold/snowy day, but the honest truth is that if you just leave the blanket out for the warmer months, this applies year-round.
Here’s the part where I tag other beautiful bloggers; of course the little problem with this is that most of the bloggers I read have already been tagged so I don’t think I’ll make it to 7. Also, ‘Beautiful blogger’ seems kind of effeminate so I hope my male buddies won’t take this as a slight to their masculinity, or even feel obligated to participate: